Today on the radio at work they were playing a lot of Barry Manilow. Which we all know is super-duper awesome!!! Well except yesterday they were playing a lot of Bobby Sherman and lets face it that man is a god. And then I was immersed in the 1970’s and that’s when the flashbacks started.
Let’s see…the year was 1975 and Tony DeFranco and The DeFranco family were all I could think about. We used to hang out in my Mom’s attic and put the K-Tel Record I got for Christmas on the record player and pretend to be the DeFranco’s. Yes I was just that cool! Polyester was starting to make a fashion showing and crazy unkempt hair was the rage.
Now for my list of things from the 70’s I remember fondly…
- The Hustle…seriously…this dance was the bomb!
- HR Puffnstuff and Jack Wild.
- Sigmund and the Sea Monsters.
- Wee Willy Weber’s show that gave us…Space Giants, Ultraman, Johnny Sokko, Captain Scarlett, Stingray and Spiderman.
- Playing Charlie’s Angels/ The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew until we had to go in on a summer night.
- My hand-me-down purple banana seat bike.
- Wizard100 radio station.
- Grease…’nuff said!
- Hong Kong Phooey, Super Chicken, Banana Splits and Saturday morning Cartoons in general. Thank you Boomarang Channel for the flashbacks.
- Match Game 75 – Richard Dawson, Bret, Charles Nelson Riley and Gene Rayburn…Classic!
- Monty Hall, Annie Hall and all of the other Halls
- TV Shows – Bionic Man/Woman, The Waltons (Good Night Mary Ellen!), The Wonderful World of Disney…
- Disco?…it was a love/hate relationship.
- Bobby Sherman…Easy Come, Easy Go
Okay looking over the list…I watched a lot of TV. It must have been because the shows were all original and interesting. Or I was just a big lazy git! But dude it was all good 😉