I totally miss the 70’s. Sure there wasn’t a natural fiber to be found in any of our clothing and my hair was kind of scary but it was an awesome time! Looking a mess was kind of expected which was also awesome. Although I don’t miss my Michael Nesmith phase. I wore a ski cap in the summer…what was I thinking.
I was just having a talk with a gal at work and were discussing all the cool stuff we had back then that the techno kiddies of today will never experience like…
- Using a metal coat hanger as an antenna.
- Same TV…using pliers to change the channel.
- Disco…then in 1979 it died – “Rather Dead Than Disco” – “Disco’s Dead Long Live Led” (I had t-shirts with both of these slogans. Yeah…I was cool.
- 1972 Chevey Impala. Yep it was a boat and it was gold.
- School House Rock…Which brings me to American History class and the Preamble. Singing through it as I wrote it down. I wasn’t the only one.
- AM Radio was cooler than FM Radio.
- Wee Willy Weber…it’s a Philly thing
- Space Giants, Johnny Socko and Ultraman…God Bless the Japanese!
- Mork’s suspenders
- Learning to Hustle
- Staying outside until dark…because we wanted to be outside.
I miss being a kid. But being an adult has its perks though…especially when I go to the bar, lol.